I'm an artist, a Christian, and a human. Do they have a pill for that?

I never want to break a bone in my hands.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Jesus banter

So, I'm sitting at a café near my studio. I came over with one of my colleagues down here in the river district. Another artist showed up with some dusty index cards he found on the ground with what appear to be someone's bible study notes. The two colleagues read them and were chuckling.

All I have to say is a paraphrase of that hackneyed, yet apt, bit of scripture: Judge not lest ye be judged. Or something like that.

Which means, I won't judge those guys for laughing at someone else's musings about Jesus. Perhaps the index cards were amusing.

Anyway, I just read 'em. The handwriting was a bit cryptic and took me a sec to decipher. It wasn't messy, really, in fact, it was strangely graphic and square, like an architectural font.

The sentiments weren't unsound. From my colleagues' reactions I could tell they hadn't read them, rather I intuited they found it amusing that someone'd be writing about Jesus. Ah well.

The note cards basically encouraged people to pattern their thought patterns and habitual behaviors after Christ's example. No specific scriptures were referenced, but I got no red flags.

No spiritual debate followed. I wouldn't have had the time anyhow.

1 comment:

Fifi said...

you're blogging again!!! yay! i've been waiting. write more please!